The Value of Promise

Do you know someone who keeps his or her word? Whatever they tell you or promise you, they have proven to perform it? To know such a person is refreshing in a world where men oftentimes cannot be trusted. After God called Abraham, He gives him a promise of blessing. Though he just came to know God, he could trust that what He said would happen. On today, think on the promises of God’s Word and even promises given to you by inspiration of the Spirit. Are you still standing in expectation?

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt  be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse  him that curseth thee: and in thee shall  all families of the earth be blessed. Gen 12:2-3 (KJV)

As Christians, we may forget that we are Abraham’s children. God promised to bless him and his descendants. We are his descendants by faith in Christ. On today, remember the value of promise. God promised to bless him, make him a blessing, and frustrate (curse) his opposition. Know that God will do the same for you. Trust His promises for He cannot lie.

Prayer of the Week:

“I thank you for your promises God. I trust that you are with me and will bless me as you did. Abraham. I thank you now. Amen”


No comments:

Post a Comment