God will Fight for You

Growing up, my older brother would always fight for me. If anyone ever troubled me or threatened me, he would step in to defend me. He would do it without question. He did not ask about what happened or how did the situation arise. If he was there and saw trouble, he got involved.

Abraham was in Egypt and allowed Pharaoh to take his wife because of his fears. Since God’s promise was upon Abraham and Sarah, we see His intervention  in a situation caused by Abraham and Sarah’s bad decision.

And the Lord plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai               Abram's wife. Gen 12:17 (KJV)

         Abraham was clearly wrong, but God intervened on his behalf. He protected Abraham from the consequences of his actions. He also protected Sarah from being violated by Pharaoh. Some are facing situations that they, in effect, have caused themselves.

Do not lose faith and hope that God will be there for you. Just know that He is gracious and longsuffering and gets joy in showing mercy. God will fight for you.

Prayer of the Week:

“I trust you on this day Lord that you will intervene on my behalf. I stand in faith on your love and grace. Thank you for all things. Amen.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment