Walking Upright


Salvation through Jesus Christ is a great and precious gift. Though it is free, there is a cost involved. As recipients of God’s grace, He requires those that come to Him to live in accordance to His standards. Some view this as legalism or a burden; however, the scriptures are clear that God’s expects His followers to walk upright.

Abraham received a great promise from God. He experienced God’s personal intervention in his life. However, God appeared to Abraham, challenging his lifestyle and conduct as a servant of God.

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. Gen 17:1-2  (KJV)

God appears to Abraham and charges him to walk before Him and be perfect; that is, mature. As Christians, we cannot forget that we have to do that which is right.

Though some challenge this by stating that God is merciful and loving; it is understood that His mercy and love is there to help us as we strive to overcome the lust of the eyes, the lusts of the flesh, and the pride of life. His righteous standards are given to us by His discretion and with His assistance. On today, examine aspects of your life. Be honest with God and with yourself. Make a new commitment to walking upright before Him. 

Prayer of the Week:

“Lord, I thank you for your mercy, goodness, kindness, and grace. On today, I commit myself to doing that which pleases you in my daily life. I am grateful for your help and strength to overcome external and internal challenges. Amen.”


 


No comments:

Post a Comment