Don’t Pass the Blame

 Growing up, I never liked to get in trouble. Well, who does? So, when questioned as to why I   did certain things, I would give many reasons except the only true one – I wanted to. Even from the earliest records of man’s existence, we find that blame-shifting was employed to escape trouble. In the Garden of Eden, Adam blamed Eve for his disobedience and Eve blamed the serpent.

And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat. Gen 3:12-13 (KJV)

As Christians, we have to avoid blame-shifting when it comes to our relationship with Christ. Sometimes we blame others at church for our negative dispositions. We can blame family members for our troubles and burdens. The list can go on. However,  we  must  be responsible for our walks with

Christ (owning up to the good and the bad).

In confessing your personal faults and weaknesses, you leave the door open for God’s grace and help so that you can overcome. Do not pass the blame, but be honest. In doing so, you prove yourself to be a servant of Christ indeed.

Prayer of the Week:

“I thank you for your mercy and grace. I trust that you will help me overcome every area of weakness brought to you in faith and assurance. I thank you now. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment