Delayed, Not Denied

  

Life comes with many difficulties. Just when it seems as if things are getting better, they can suddenly take a change for the worse. Sometimes these events can have devastating effects on an individual. Even as Christians, it can seem as if we face more problems and obstacles than others. This can leave many frustrated; even standing in doubt of God’s power, presence, and promises.

Joseph’s life took unfortunate turns. Promises from God were made to him, but problems only persisted for years. After interpreting the dreams for the butler and the baker, Joseph states,

For indeed I was stolen away out of the land of the Hebrews: and here also have I done nothing that they should put me into the dungeon. Gen 40:15 (KJV)

I can only imagine how Joseph felt. After having dreams of greatness, his life took a sudden turn for the worse. For thirteen years, he suffered many setbacks and delays in his personal life. However, from his story, we see God’s continual favor and goodness. In the end, God fulfilled His promises to Him. Though many things in your life may seem delayed, remember that they are not denied. The Lord will bless you and bring you through.

Prayer of the Week:

“Lord, help me to trust you with success in my life. I know you have my best interest in mind. I submit my ways unto you that I may prosper. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment