Love Him More

 

After His resurrection, Jesus appeared to the disciples and ate with them. He asked Peter: “Do you love me?” The “these” can represent anything in this life. 

So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? John 21:15 (KJV)

We have to love Jesus more than anyone else or anything else, including our service to Him. We also have to love Him more than what we used to do (sins, vices, mindsets, attitudes, etc). If we do not love Him more, we will return to it. Some people focus so much on trying to overcome that they forget that their focus is to be upon Him. In doing so, when we behold Him, we become more like Him.

Conversely, if we are consistently focusing on sins, we will fail. Though temptations come, your desire or love for Him must supersede your desire for the old sin or habit. It is the only way to resist and overcome. 

Again, what is the object of your affection? Do you love Him above any “these?” This is to be our goal. Love Him More! If we love, we will never fail because it is written that love never fails.

Prayer of the Week:

“I remember all that Christ did for me on today. I thank you he bore my transgressions and sins. On this day, I ask that you help me to continue to live free from sin. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment