Hope in God

Let’s face it! Just when it seems that one bad situation ends, another pops up. Even though God is with us, sometimes the numerous trials of life can get next to us. They can upset us and move us from a place of rest. Sometimes the exhortations of scriptures only seem like hollow sentiments in light of our difficult circumstances.

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. Psalms 42:11 (KJV)

Throughout the Psalms, we read of the many afflictions that David experienced. Oftentimes, he was allowed to be in perilous situations that threatened his very life. We read of his complaints of misery and woe. However, David remained hopeful that God would deliver Him.

We see in the 42nd Psalm that David had to speak to himself to get up from his misery and return to a strong hope in God. On today, many are in the same situation as David; many things just happen and happen. But, do not lose your faith and hope in God. You are not alone. The Psalms show us David’s complaint, but also of God’s deliverance. You can be assured that God will deliver you in time and on time. Hope in God.

Prayer of the Week:

 “I thank you for your willingness to abide with me. I trust you that you will give me what I ask for, especially for more of your presence. Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment