Don’t Rely on Yourself

Fear is a powerful emotion. It can make one irrational and illogical. What things cause you to fear? How do you respond to your fears? If you would be honest, fears usually make you throw out reason and you begin to rely on your senses rather than sensibilities.

Though God has promised His abiding presence to those who know Him, Christians still find themselves governed by fear rather than faith. Abraham allowed his fear to dominate him; in turn, he dropped faith and relied upon his ingenuity in the situation.

Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee. Gen 12:13 (KJV)

God had promised Abraham that He would bless Him. However, Abraham feared he would be killed because of his beautiful wife. Consequently, he relied on deception rather than on God for protection while in Egypt. What situations are confronting you? Are you relying solely on yourself or on God who is faithful and gracious?

Abraham’s reliance on himself nearly cost him his wife. When you turn from faith to fear, you will not rely on God; you will rely on yourself, which is subject to failure. Why not stand on the One who cannot fail. 

Prayer of the Week:

 “I know that I can trust you God, but help me to overcome fear in my present circumstances. I thank you that you will never leave me or fail me. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment