Ask What You Will

Friends are an intricate part of one’s existence. And, those friends whom you can count on are treasures in one’s life. You know that if you ask them for anything that is proper, they will do their best to make it happen.

 If we can have that level of trust in someone that is subject to life, why is it difficult to come to God in faith, knowing He will be there in the time of need? Abraham experienced God’s power after his initial call, consequently, he understood that he could ask God for the impossible – an heir.

 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus? Gen 15:2 (KJV)

Since God comforted Abraham by reaffirming His faithfulness to him, Abraham then petitions God concerning offspring. What are you standing in need of at this time in your life? Regardless of what it is, you can trust that God will hear the very cry of your soul.

Though we do not always know the will of  God, we are not to be afraid to trust that God will hear us. He instructed us to pray, expecting to receive. If Abraham could make such an incredible request given his circumstances, we can really ask what we will and He will do it to glorify Himself.

Prayer of the Week:

 “I know that I can trust you God, you told me to ask, seek, and knock. Therefore, I come to you today with all of my fears and concerns, knowing you will answer me in due time. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment