Desiring His Presence

Well, what can I say? God fills heaven and earth, but sometimes it can feel as if He is nowhere to be found. However, we must trust that God is with us and never lose our desire for Him and His presence. In Day 7, we find that Abraham seized the opportunity to invite God to his habitation. However, Abraham desired more than a visit, he wanted God to spend time with him and abide in his tent.

And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree. Gen 18:3-4 (KJV)

Jesus made it clear that those who wanted more of God had to ask. Through His teachings, we are instructed to come to Him in prayer. Moreover, we are instructed to ask for more of His presence if we so desire. On today, then, the question arises: “What is your level of desire for God?” It is not enough to desire His blessings in our lives, we must desire His presence. His presence is what will transform and keep us.

It is easy to look at others and think that God loves them more because of their evident spirituality and maturity in Him. However, we must know that God is not hiding from us, but we must desire Him. If you want more, ask for more. Have faith. Just know that those who hunger and thirst after righteousness shall be filled.

Prayer of the Week:

 “I thank you for your willingness to abide with me. I trust You, that you will give me what I ask for, especially for more of your presence. Amen.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment