Good for Me

Growing up, my mother would feed us things that we simply did not like. For me personally, I hated squash and brussell sprouts. When I saw them on my plate, I knew it was going to be a long meal. But as I got older, I understood that though the taste was not good to me, the nutrients I gained were certainly good for me. This truth helped me to understand the benefit of certain negative events in my Christian walk.

It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might               learn thy statutes. Psalms 119:71 (KJV)

David realized the benefits of God allowing him to be afflicted. He discovered that through his afflictions, he gained a greater understanding of God’s statutes. If we adopt this mindset, we too can benefit even in negative situations.

Our trials and tests do not feel good to us, but they place us in a position to behold Christ in His power and glory as He guides us and delivers us. So, on today, recognize that though negative circumstances are not good TO you, but they can be definitely good FOR you.

                                                      Prayer of the Week:

“Lord, I thank you for your wisdom. Though there are things I do not like or understand, I trust that you will do what is best for me. I give you thanks. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment