Not Without a Fight

Growing up, I did not like to fight. It was not that I could not fight, if you will. However, I just did not like to get into unnecessary confrontations. Yet, times did come where I felt I had no other choice but to fight. Usually in these situations, I had taken all I could take from an individual and just wanted to get them away from me. So, I would fight. What does this have to do with anything?

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. Matt 11:12 (KJV)

In our Christian walk and experience, it seems we forget that we are in warfare.  We end up taking and putting up with things, spiritually, that we do not need to. Until we have had enough of being stressed, tired, frustrated, upset, and spiritually exhausted, things will keep coming until we take a stand.

We  have  to  come  to  a  place  where we trust God and His presence and rise to face both internal and external oppositions. You have to adopt the mindset that I am not going down in my walk with Christ… not with a fight!

Prayer of the Week:

“God, give me strength to stand against obstacles in this life. I thank you for grace to be successful in spiritual warfare. Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment