Pick a Side

 

It is interesting that choices have to be made daily. Once a decision is made, there are usually not too many options to take afterwards. When we come to Christ, we have made the ultimate decision to leave the world and its ungodly influences. However, many act as if they are caught in the valley of indecision.

It would look strange to watch a basketball game if a team keeps making baskets for its opponent. Yet, many Christians fight to for the world and its practices, while wearing the uniform of a Christian.

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Matt 12:30 (KJV)

            Jesus   stated   that   no   man  could  serve  twomasters. Many are trying to challenge His statements by trying to blend Christ with the world in their lifestyles. Today, be open and honest within yourself. Does your life reflect the faith of the Son of God? Or does it reflect a lifestyle of I can do what I want, when I want, and God should take that!

Understand that God is loving, merciful, and gracious, but let us not try to use that as an excuse not to serve Him in sincerity and in truth. Which side are you on today – do you defend the faith or the desires of your flesh? Pick A Side!

Prayer of the Week:

“Lord, help me to remain faithful to you even when others challenge your existence. I thank you and I reaffirm my decision to serve you. Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment