Try It Again

        Well, here we are again at the start of a new year. I know, I know… people make all kinds of resolutions because a new calendar year has entered. Others, however, are disappointed and discouraged because they did not accomplish personal and professional goals set in the previous year. However, one must get over what was and what happened and try again.

And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. Luke 5:5 (KJV)

        Peter was like many of us. He and the others fished all night and had caught nothing. Yet, Jesus told them to let their nets down again. Though Peter protested initially, he obeyed Christ and received more fish than he could handle.

At the beginning of this year, let down your net again and trust that Christ will cause you to be productive in areas that were previously barren, both personally and spiritually. Join me and let’s “Try It Again!”

Prayer of the Day:

 “I come before you on today Lord asking for grace to do what I need to do. Help me to have the proper response to the negative situations that have occurred. Renew my faith for success. Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment