Come Up

Though exceptions exist, most people do not want to fail in their endeavors. Most students in the classroom want to excel and advance. Even if they are not the smartest, they do not want to be left behind by failing a grade. Progression and growth are a part of life. The same hold true for the Christian experience. Everyone that has received Christ should expect and endeavor to grow as they walk with Him.

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. Rev 4:1 (KJV)

John was in the Spirit and a voice from heaven told him to come up here.  Within its context, we understand that John was going to be taken up into the heavens to receive visions of God. Yet, the implication is clear, if we want to progress and go further in Christ, we must also come up.

We must come up in our reading, fasting, prayer, and fellowship so (like John) we can see and know more things, which pertain to the Christian faith and life. A challenge is given today that all Christians will “come up” to show the work of Christ’s salvation in their lives.

Prayer of the Week:

“Lord, help me to desire progress in my Christian walk. I know that you desire for us to mature and grow. I thank you for grace to move forward in you. Amen.”


No comments:

Post a Comment