The Great “I Am”

 

The children of Israel were in trouble. The Egyptians had put them under subjection. What began as a blessing, now had become bondage. Their entrance into Egypt saved Jacob and his family, but now they were under hard taskmasters who did not want the nation to grow and prosper. But God, who is faithful, heard the cries of His people and revealed Himself to Moses.

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. Ex 3:14 (KJV)

God called Himself the “I AM.” This denoted that whatever the children of Israel could need, He would be that to them. On today, every Christian should be confident that the same God who revealed Himself to Moses, revealed Himself in Christ.

If we have received Christ, we have an audience and connection to the “I Am” who is great. Be confident knowing that you are not alone because the Great “I AM” is there.

Prayer of the Week:

“Lord, grant me understanding of your greatness. I do recognize you as the true and living God. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment